does your mother ever just rub you the wrong way?

So lately since my mom moved out of northern Utah into southern Utah she no longer wants a thing to do with my kids..She says she speaks with them on facebook but it's more like nags them to death to the point of my kids deleting her..she's made it to where my older two want nothing with her..Idk what's crawled up her butt but she has become so distant and rude...she invites us to her get togethers but then we're treated like we're not really wanted she ignores the kids and us..Keep in mind we live 5hours away and we drive all that way...We've been invited to thanksgiving at her place but not by her by my sister she's also done that loads of times as well when you try to speak to her ab out it she denies it ugh..She treats my youngest like she never liked him and I have no idea why..it's sad to think about my youngest not understanding that yet..she also has this step daughter whom once she shows up her real kids disappear..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• cont. it's so maddening! She sometimes just passes by our town w/o stopping cuz she's so anxious to see her step grandkids...she never calls us period.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Every minute of everyday! lol
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, my mom is a saint!

Answer by older at 2:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Sometimes, but i we pretty much get along most of the time. I would not go down there unless i got a personal invitation from her. Also, grandparents can have favorites. My DD's paternal grandmother likes to pick favorites. Her eldest grandson has EVERYTHING & she keeps on buying him all this expensive crap. DD gets nothing unless it's Christmas or her birthday. There is nothing that will stop it. Everyone in the family has told her that she needs to treat them equally, but she completely denies that she loves him the most. We've all gotten over it & just try to ignore her favoritism...BUT, DD is 8 now & notices. She tells me all the time that grandma doesn't like her as much as she does her older brother (not my son). It's very sad, i don't know what to say to her about it. I just tell her it's not true...but actions always speak louder than words...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My mom has the same effect on me. She is a great mom every once in a while and then out of no where she'll cuss me out or tell me I'm not being a good daughter. It's ridiculous. I say if she wants out of your life, tell her how you feel and then tell her until she wants to be your mom you're done trying to be a good daughter. She just might open her eyes when she realizes that she's losing her real family over someone that isn't even blood related
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have a very close relationship with my mom
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• if she acts like that then do it back to her and see how she likes it
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 4:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010