Moving Next week

AHH, okay I am moving only about 8 miles away from where i live now to a bigger house (thankfuly). However Its crunch time to pack. Hubby and I work and go to school so theres like NO time in the day to get it done. I work weekends too so thats even cut short. I just dont know where to start with packing up the rest of my house. It feels like the kids will need everything, I cant pack the bathroom up yet, We still need our clothes and the kitchen stuff! But if i dont get to packing now we will be stuck with a house full on moving day!!! SO WHAT THE HECK DO I DO!!! im sooo stressed out right now I cant even focus. And if it helps, i have two kids under two were trying to pack/move with!

How do you pack and prepare?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It's time to go into Motel mode. Pack a suitcasse for everyone for the next week, same with food and PACK EVERYTHING ELSE. Get paper plates and plastic utensils, eat simple meals or eat out and toss stuff into boxes. Live on the basics
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• This is what I do:
    Clear out a closet. Put things in there that you still need to use until the day you move or you'll not pack at all.
    Then I clear out a space in a room to start placing packed boxes, instead of having boxes everywhere, it starts out in just one spot that way.
    I like to start packing the stuff that I haven't used in a long time and holiday things.
    Take everything off of the walls and shelving unit decorations and pack. Take everything out of the bathroom and kitchen and pack, except for a few essentials that you still need like toothbrushes, soap and a few pans. Get some plasticware and paper plates, plastic cups, one less thing to worry about as you're doing everything else.
    Pack off season clothes, hats, purses, shoes, whatever you won't be wearing within the next week.
    This is a great time and motivation to get rid of the things that you no longer want, need or use! GL &enjoy your new place
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I start by packing things I do not need to use. Go in the kitchen and take out just enough plate, bowels, cups, silverwear. and pots and pans to cook with. Then pack the rest up.  Same for cloths, toys etc... I always left  out just enough, and packed the rest of my house up.

Answer by louise2 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Great ideas above and............You should not have to empty your dressers and bureaus. Every move we have done (4 now) they have been moved with the clothes in them. We did have men doing all the heavy lifting though.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Whew! These girls have you covered! Don't forget to pack the "first night" box for the new place. Include the towels, soap, and shower curtain, coffee pot with fixin's, sheets, toiletries, and snacks for grumpy, tired children...wine for Mom. LOL Make up the beds as soon as you get to the new place.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• OMG am i so brain dead that i have forgotten the good old paper and plastic!!! HAHAHA wow, thanks soo much! Suitcases and Duffle bags it is!!! Whoo Hoo....
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010