Low blood pressure....

Anyone else have to deal with this during pregnancy? Did you get light headed and faint in stores or the shower? How did you make your pregnancy easier aside from keeping hydrated and getting up slowly (which I already do). Just looking for idea's or advice from other moms that have been through it. I was told to drink a glass or coke or OJ when feeling light headed but that doesn't even work half the time.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 2:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have the samething, i can't even be in the car to long without the ac and i have to sit on my side or i will throw up. i get hot flushes and if i stand to long i get dizzy and sometimes i get the shakes for no reason. i drink fanta when this comes on and try to take it easy.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Could it be your iron levels? I naturally have VERY low blood pressure, so I try to get lots of iron in my diet, and it seems to help a lot.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope, iron level is fine (sugar levels too). Just had them checked a couple weeks ago. I too have naturally lower blood pressure but during my 2nd and 3rd trimester it just gets awful. I can't even make a decent trip to Sams club or the grocery store without leaving to go sit down somewhere multiple times.
    Nanixh

Comment by Nanixh (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010