How can I get rid of my daughters lice, I have tried Nix three times, each time it takes me hours to go through her hair and I wash all her bedding and everything, I am so sick of picking nits!!Can anyone help please??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I fought it for 2 years!! I feel your pain! Take her to her doctor and he can prescribe a stronger lice shampoo that gets rid of them. Good luck....
    10yearsapart816

Answer by 10yearsapart816 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Check out a prescription from you physician. That stuff is powerful and there is a timeframe in between uses. If they aren't at least dead, something is wrong. Let the doctor know what you have done. This is one episode? Are they dead, nits (eggs) or can't you tell? Are they crawling? I assume you have a fine tooth comb and a really good light (or daylight outside) so you can see what you are doing? Cleaned the sheets, combs, brushes etc.? No sleepovers recently? How old? is your daughter.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• well i used to use moska oil and hair greease so they would stick and let my daughter know not to get to close or use her friends hair accesories i know the feeling my daughter always had them she was sweet for them i hate them........
    Anonymous

• Are you putting their stuffed toys into garbage bags, sealing them for 2 weeks? Are you cleaning all the bedding? Have you shampooed your carpets with a lice-type solution? You may need to do all of this. Lice have a 2 week cycle so somehow they are getting past all your hard work. Are they getting them at school, daycare, elsewhere and bringing them home? Have you checked yourself, and other adults too in the household?
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• we had to shampoo all of our carpets and sofas and everything that could possibly hold lice before we got rid of them.we even sealed the mattresses in garbage bags and just made the bed over them.
    verydizi

Answer by verydizi at 11:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• put mayo in her hair. wrap her hair in a grocery bag adn tape it down to her face, you know liek those perm cotton rolls. leave it ehre for 3 hours. lice suffocates after an hour. wash all the bedding in scalding hot water. throw away her brush and any other one she may have used. all her stuffed animals into a black garbage bag and leave it in there for at least 2 weeks. check all your other kids too. and let the school know. just make an anonomous call and let them know your kid has lice...oh wait, not school time, my bad. steam the carpet and the matresses. good luck.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• listen to prizemommie ~ also look up home remidies for lice on the net,i spent 200.00 b4 i bought a jar of mayo!also you gotta bag all her things & keep them bagged for a couple weeks,i feel for ya girl,you have to suffocate them,oh i'm starting to itch just remembering our ordeal,good luck
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I contacted the doctor once about the qwell shampoo prescription, they didn't want us to use it they said it was very dangerous and you could only use one treatment , but they would call it in if I needed them too. I just stuck with the nitpicking (lol) and retreating with nix. I did all the stuff about washing bed linens, she doesn't have any stuffed animals. She is so pitiful, she asked me "why do they like me so much?" she would say, "make sure you look behind my ears, they really like it there"
    momof5bs

Answer by momof5bs at 8:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• When I was younger, I always had it because of the type of hair I have, My mom finally got so frustrated with lice treatments that she used karosene. Now I was like 8-10 can remember what age I was but It worked. I dont remember getting it again unitll I was like 16 and havent had it since.
    njmd2425

Answer by njmd2425 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2008