how many of you

were in a relationship and decided that you were better as friends

Houstyn08

Asked by Houstyn08 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• In high school I had a guy decide this before I even knew we were supposed to be "dating" lol. We talked and got along and I thought that was it until one day he said he thinks we should break our relationship off and just be friends lol. I said I didn't even know we were in a relationship and I think he got embarrased cuz after that we never talked again until 8 years later when my husband met him and became friends with him thru a mutual friend! Talk about awkward.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I did after dating the same guy for 6 years, we just knew it wasnt going to end how we originally imagined. Parted on okay terms though!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You just have to tell him . It is better not to waste either one of your time just trying to be nice. If he is a good man in time he will understand
    Beckcin108

Answer by Beckcin108 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• In high school and college, yes. I dated a lot of guys that weren't right for me. We really were better off as friends.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010