Anyone do spray tans? Plz answer questions...

First, how long do they last for? And is there anything special you should do after you get the spray tan to maintain it?

Any other useful info you'd like to share?

Just asking b/c i have the army ball coming up first weekend of nov and i am WHITEEEEE lol

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I get them done for special occasions-you should probably get one done at a salon, by a specialist that does it by hand-she will know what color will work best for you...wear very loose fitting clothing and flip-flops, and try to schedule the appointment a little later in the day, so you can just go home afterwards and chill out the rest of the evening. Do not take a shower that evening-the longer you can let the tan process (a minimum of 8 hours is good), the better...I would say if the dance is Saturday, try to get it Thursday evening...good luck!!!!
    avasmommee

Answer by avasmommee at 7:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• I had one once. Advice - get it the done the day before. Mine lasted about 20 minutes. Wear loose clothes when you go.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Uhg are you serious?!?! it is a weekend long event out of town, I can go the day before but the ball would actually be like the 2nd night after that.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• exfoliate before you go. Jergans has a good lotion that a lot of my friends use that "build" a tan. I personally use Bare Essentials Faux Tan self tanner. It is awesome!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Im afraid to do it myself, and quiet frankly now being about 2 1/2 weeks from the date of event I dont think i have time to use that jergens lotion. Last year I tried the Target brand equvelant and didnt feel that it made me any darker at all.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• OMG!!! YES THEY ARE GREAT I GET ON EVERY TWO WEEKS AND ITS GREAT!!! JUST MAKE SURE ITS THE RIGHT PERCENT!!!! I AM A VERY LIGHT PERSON SO I USE 5% AND AND 8% IS GOOD TOO...
    carnline

Answer by carnline at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• go the day before and dont get wet i got one and 48 hrs later went to the beach it was pouring rain by the time i got my things in the hotel in was running down my body.
    rheannonbby

Answer by rheannonbby at 10:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010