6 yr old came home from school cussing.

Our 6yr old daughter came home from school two weeks ago cussing.
We have explained that it is wrong and she is not allowed to use those words, we have washed her mouth out with soap, we have also tried time out nothing worked can someone please help me with this because now it is getting worse this week she showed us how to flip someone off. I have talked to the teachers and now the principal with no results. I need help I don't want her doing this.

2boysthreegirls

Asked by 2boysthreegirls at 1:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well a friend of mine put used hot sauce and just left it out on the counter and she would use it just a few times and then if the cussed she would warn him and if he did it again she would put alittle but of hot sauce in his mouth, i know it sounds bad but it worked.
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!
    hotmama174

Answer by hotmama174 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I would suggest taking away something that she really enjoys, and telling her that until she cuts it out she will not get it back. And explain that you are dissapointed in her for useing them words when you have told her not to, she will be mad and might even cuss but atleast she will know you mean business. Stand your ground with the issue. My 5 year old daughter thought it was funny when she started cussing until she lost a few of her favorite cartoons for awhile. She has since then slipped a few times, but she says she is sorry and I always tell her she knows better.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Maybe if you tried to ignore it. She may feel she gets alot of attention and a big reaction when she cusses. Just a thought. Worth a try...huh?
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• umm where did the six year old learn the cuss words at? I cuss sometimes some days more than others alot of people in my family do, but my six year old does not. except one day my niece was being pissy and my daughter told her she was being pissy. my niece told me and my mom about how dd said a bad word, I talked to my dd about it, I said even if its true doesnt mean you should say it lol. I must say kids think its fun to push buttons.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 2:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Thank you all it happened again today so i did take away her faveriote doll I told her that only nice polite young ladies that spoke with propper words were allowed to have dolls. I explained again that it is inappropriate for her to use words like that, and that I was disappointed that she was using those words. She cried and her cousin (spending the night tonight) explained that my older daughter told her it was cute when (our 5yr old ) says it so say more......then KaLee and I had it out and now both are mad at me because neither got to sleep with their dolls tonight. We will see if it works. Thanks again
    2boysthreegirls

Answer by 2boysthreegirls at 12:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2008