This is starting to make me mad.............

I called and ordered a part for my son's car seat because it had gotten damaged. I was prepared to pay for it but they told me it the damage was under warranty and the part would be free. So I said cool and gave them my address. The problem is the seat is useless without that piece and I have asked them twice when I should expect to get the part and got two different general answer's. No one want's to actually look it up and see when it should be delivered. I NEED that part before I can use the seat and we are going out of town on Saturday. Should I just call back a third time and insist they give me an exact delivery date? Or should I just hope I get it on time because I am getting it for free?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• that happened to me with a high chair it's not going to come you'll probably have to buy a new one sorry..
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Call back and this time do not say anything to them except: "I want to talk to your supervisor or manager immediately". The reason you are getting general answers is because the level of CSR's you are speaking to don't have the authority to get into the system to find the exact information you need.
    Once you are speaking to the mgr or supervisor, insist that they overnight the piece to you or replace the entire seat for your trouble.
    I have worked in Customer Service for over 15 yrs and I DO know what I am talking about. If you are insistent but polite - you will get what you want.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree with babylove. Be persistent. Ask for a manager. Call multiple times if you have to. If you haven't received it within a few days to a week tops, thent hey haven't sent it yet and you'll have to MAKE them. GL!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They should understand that this is something that you need immediately. I agree with the others that you need to be polite about it, though, but make sure they know you want it fast. You'll have to talk to a manager.
    ch-hay

Answer by ch-hay at 2:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Call back and demand they look at the damn computer to give you a date..they should realize you cannot use this seat without the part and you have already been nice the first few times you have called...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Personally, I would just go out and buy another carseat. My daughter's carseat wound up getting recalled, they sent a replacement part, but I was not comfortable using the seat after that, so we just bought another one. Small price to pay for piece of mind.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010