two year old

ok what are fun things for a two year old to do all day...i am a SAHM and my two year old is a terror what are fun things to do at home..we are in walking distance to a park but its freezing outside now..

Houstyn08

Asked by Houstyn08 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ummm....do yo have acess to a car? I bring my DS to My Gym..well worth the money with a n active terror. We also do a drop off Art class and swim lessons. Things to do at home; puzzles, read, crafts (paints, crayons, stickers (the puffy ones from Micheal's..my DS LOVES them)), What types of toys do you have? i can help if I know what we are working with....
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My almost 3 year old loves to color activity pages. I like to print out letters and numbers and play some games associated with the letters and numbers.. he is learning and having fun at the same time.. Can't beat that!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no currently we are down to one car..so i stay at home...
    Houstyn08

Comment by Houstyn08 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Cool and lil have great suggestions but I would add that you should get washable crayons for easy clean up if they mark on the walls or floor. Thats the kind i always get for my kids.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would get outside every day even if it's cold. It will break up the day and be fun. Get warm coats! At daycare, they go out every day unless it's raining and terrible.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i know..i hate the cold too..lol but I suck up for at leats 2o/min a day..lol..i will piggyback off the washable crayons and markers get a Magic Eraser...it works wonders! Other thoughts: Dance Party (get out the energy), build forts, pillow fights. Also make him play on is own at points. This is very important for him and your sanity. he needs to be indep because you won't always be there to play with him.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• SHE would love the dance party
    Houstyn08

Comment by Houstyn08 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I used to let our kids play in the sink half full of water and plastic cups, funnels, etc. Put a smock on her if you have one. If she is not old enough to stand on the chair you could put a basin on the floor, but it would be messier. I always stayed close by so things didn't get out of control.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• build a fort out of couch cushions, have relay races
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 4:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• finger painting, coloring, dancing, baking, hide and seek, simon says,
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010