how many single moms are out there?

Is it hard to do it ALL? How often do the kids go to their dad's or someone give you a break? just wondering...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• stay that way why get with a man that all they see you as is a bitch or a pain in the ass. if they say they love you its only to get what they want. then they throw you away like a tampon. better alone no bull shit. if you fall on your face you do it on your own. not becase some man did it to you.
    wildfiresag.

Answer by wildfiresag. at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• am a single mother and my daughter is on the ASD Spectrum. I am paying all my bills myself with no help from the bio father he suppose to pay child support but doesnt it doesnt bother me as much as it used to. but I do get help from my mom who watches her while i work full time (she loves grandma anyway) but seeing her lite up when i come home from a long day makes it all worth it and that it was meant to be like this.
    des920

Answer by des920 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

WHat in the world are you talking about. That has nothing to do with what she asked.

Anonymous

• I was a single Mom and yes it was kinda hard, but, not so bad in the long run.You can do it all if thats what you want, but, it depends on what type of person you are. The first time my girls went away for a weekend with their dad, I thought my heart would break, then when they spent 2 weeks in summer for the first time, I think it did.Time helps, you just get used to things. Just be the best Mom you can be and everything else will fall into place.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It's hard, but you have to look at the situation with the guy. For me, this is hard, but is much better than staying with my ex-husband. He doesn't see the kids at all, and ignores his child support obligations. I only get a break when they are at school, or if my parents let them spend the night.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Actually, I am Married. Just was wondering in case I end up that way....it's not perfect at the moment. Sometimes I want to leave but don't have the nerve.
    Anonymous

• im 25 and a single mom of a 4 yr old and i love it!!!!!!!!!!! i thought it was gonna be the hardest thing in the world to do, but holy crap, its awesome! i can make all the decisions, i dont have to argue with anyone on how to raise her, or how to disipline, i dont have to hear "youre doing that wrong"..i llove it! my ex didnt want a kid, so he left..when my daughter was almost 3, i went after him for child support..not cuz i needed it..cuz i figured it was his responsibility..worst decision i ever made..now he gets her every other weekend, which isnt bad..but still..i hate having to "discuss" things with him,,and let him have a "say" and what not..but it is good for my daughter to know her dad..so i guess things could be worse...but other than him..i love being a single mom!! its so rewarding..wouldnt change it for the world!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 29, 2008