Depression treatment through pregnancy...

I have type 2 BiPolar disorder, I'm due in Dec. with my third child... I have been off medication for years and generally able to control my BPD with other things - nutrition, meditation, supplements... But, I had severe PPD with my oldest and I'm already seeing signs of rather sever depression with this one. I talked to my Dr. but because I've had some very negative reactions to my meds in the past (breathing issues, liver failure) they don't want to start me on meds while I'm pregnant. However, because I'm pregnant I also quit taking my supplements early on because although they are natural, they say they can have negative affects on the fetus, and my doctors are unsure if they are safe...

I would like to be able to get out of bed without needing to cry... BUT, I'm not sure what I can do at this point. Anyone else have any ideas? Anything that worked for you during pregnancy? Anything I should mention to my Dr, tomorrow?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe talk to a therapist or counselor

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010