What birth control were you on before you stopped and started trying for a baby? adult content

How long did it take you to get pregnant? My first I was in HS not on nay...my 1st time I ended up pregnant, when I got married and decided we wanted another baby (since he adopted my 1st child) I was ont the patch and it took us over a year to get pregnant!!! (We had an appt with a fertility Dr because of it!) and my last must have been a few weeks or so after the birth of #2 before I started new BC

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• 1st - Condom took 2 1/2 weeks
    2nd - Diaphragm one time
    3rd - patch off for 7 months before we got pregnant. didn't use anything during that time. Did not ovulate till the last two months. First month I was working nights and hubby days so did not hit the right time. But the second month we had the same schedule and knew we hit the right time.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• pull out.... ended up pg.... duh. ( I WAS married tho)
    Anonymous

• first child -- I was on the Pill, wound up pregnant.
    second child -- I had my IUD removed, and we tried for almost 9 months afterwards before we finally got pregnant.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• 1st- I had been on the pill until a few months before but were using condoms sometimes because he wasn't ready. (one pull-out and one drunken oops on his part and we were pregs)
    2nd- Had been using condoms until we decided to try (first month)
    3rd- diaphragm (first month)
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i was on da pill i missed one day and got preg!!!!
    new_mama386

Answer by new_mama386 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was on the depo shoot i got off in January of 2004 and in August of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter and I was on the patch a month when i got pergnant with my son.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• #1- I went off of Ortho Tri Cyclen Low to start TTC. My body was having a horrid reaction to the birth control and it really messed up my cycles. It took us nearly a year to get pregnant.

#2-I was charting with Fertility Awareness Method because after the first I decided I would not longer put hormonal birth control into my body. We just simply switched from charting to avoid pregnancy to charting to achieve pregnancy and BAM I got pregnant in one month.
    Anonymous

• With my first i wasn't on anything and he was a suprise-7yrs old now
    With my 2nd i wasn't on anything and it was a suprise-currently pregnant with.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010