What is the best vacation teip you ever had?

Where did you go and what did you do that made it a great memory?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Travel

• For our 40 anniversary our DD, SIL and GS took DH and I on an awesome trip to Maui.......Our first trip to Hawaii and they pulled out all the stops, gorgeous condo in Wailea, spent 1 night at the Grand Wailea Resort, evening boat trip for dinner, playing in the sand and the water, delicious meals, many memories with family, DH bought me a gorgeous diamond ring that was a total surprise. So special as DH passed in July 2008 and so glad to have such special memories.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My favorite trip was when we spent 35 days traveling through Europe. We went to Ireland, Germany, England, Switzerland, and Italy.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Our son called us homesick when he was doing a college internship in CA. My DH told me to go out for a week and enjoy! So my son and I drove down the coastal highway in CA and stayed overnight in a couple of places. Plus I cooked some of his favorite meals. It was a trip I will never forget.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Our week on the island of Moorea in Tahiti. It was pre-kids. It was beautiful, relaxing and completely exotic. We snorkeled, took a tour of the island complete with climbing a waterfall and relaxed on the beach with coconut milk in the coconuts.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Our trip to Hawaii for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary...their treat! It was so nice and relaxing!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Road trip from the midwest to california with my husband and daughter. The best 14 days of my life.
    2hurt

Answer by 2hurt at 9:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Alaska. I went deep sea fishing. While I was out fishing a pod of orcas started checking out the boat. They were so close, I could have touched them. I saw a humpback completely breach the water. Got snorted on by a humpback's blowhole, kinda gross, but how many people can say that? Had a moose and her calf run right past my hand. Saw a grizzly and two cubs. Went to Denali National Park. I could go on! It's the best vacation for nature lovers!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• traveling through Italy and germany and the alps when I was in high school. It truly is the most beautiful scenery ever!
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• all our family trips are priceless
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• ruidoso, nm ..... my hubby n i went before we had any kids it was awesome! rented a cabin, it was like a second honeymoon!!
    BabeeOnBoard

Answer by BabeeOnBoard at 12:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2010