How much Candy do you let your kids eat on holloween night??

I kinda let my kids go crazy becuase it is one night of the year.

Beckcin108

Asked by Beckcin108 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest (two) doesn't get anything other then chocolate. And he only gets that every great while. On Halloween night he may get one or two pieces.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• haloween night like an couple like 3 to 4 rest 1 to 2 peices
    Ivory123

Answer by Ivory123 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• it depends if it is a fri. or sat. night 2-3 if it is a school/work night only 1. I go through what he gets, take out what he can have and then put the rest in a bowl to give out since he is usually done by 8pm. We don't allow allot of candy.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• about a hand full.
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i tell her she can have just some of her favorite pieces of her candy i dont know maybe les than a hand full (her hand) and then its getting put away she usually is cool with it because one year i let her eat as much as she wanted and she figured out real quick she had a major stomach ache and threw up so now she goes along with it. i love the few cool nieghbors out there that give out those little halloween toys, activities and/or crafts those are so much fun and so much better than candy
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 5:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• this is the first year I am letting DD actually have candy on Halloween night. I think I'm going to limit it to like 3 small pieces.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Oh wow! I am probably not going to be liked for this... I don't like my children to have too much candy at all, but I purposely let them eat themselves into oblivion if they want to! I want them to know how yucky all that candy can make you feel and I just make sure their teeth get brushed really well before bed. Surprisingly, they don't ask for a single piece for several weeks afterward. I just remind them of how yucky they felt. It seems to work!
    lcaage

Answer by lcaage at 10:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2010