How do you season your roast pork?

What do you serve with it?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I am a vegetarian but I cook for my son and mom who are not, and I use "mojo" which is kind of a spanish barbecue sauce, it is made with lots of garlic, sour orange juice, oregano salt, pepper, it pour it over it and let it marinate for a while before cooking, and I cook it slow on a low heat setting for hours, in the oven.

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Lots of salt, pepper and garlic. If I do a roasted pork loin I roast potatoes, carrots and onions with it. Green salad is the only other thing I add.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I usually keep it simple, season salt, garlic salt and black pepper for seasoning and roast it with onions and celery for flavor. I do like to cook it with coke once in a while too. I serve it with mashed potatoes, gravy from the drippings and usually green beans. I will sometimes roast carrots in a separate dish (a little olive oil and sea salt), I don't like the veggies cooked with the roast.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I use the McCormick pork chop roast in a bag seasoning. There are directions on the back of the packet for using the packet to make a 3 lb. pork roast. It is easy and delicious! I serve it with a green veggie and rice.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i have a few different kinds i make

A pork roast cooked in Dr pepper with onions is awesome!
    or Dried mustard powder with red potatoes and basil
    or russet potatoes, carrots, and cabbage in a slow cooker with just a little veg broth is yum to.
    I have tons more if you would like
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I cook mine in a slow cooker. I mix orange juice and dijon mustard together and pour over it. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. It is always tender and juicy. I serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy along with veggies and a salad.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I like just some Lawry's and pepper on it. I've done it with just black pepper & minced onion before. Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic is good too if you like garlic. I tend to keep it fairly plain. I usually serve mashed potatoes (seasoned and doctored!) and a veggie or two with it - pretty much the same as when I make a beef roast (we don't like the potatoes & veggies cooked with it).
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I use a little salt and pepper and halfway through I add a can of cream of mushroom soup. We usually have mashed potatoes or cheesy bacon potatoes with a vegetable.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 6:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i tend to use lots of differnet sensonings like pork bullin cubs. rost seasoing. grill seasoning
    Ivory123

Answer by Ivory123 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I like simple...salt, pepper, garlic and onions for all roasts.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010