Do all tattoo's really scab up no matter what?

My bf only has one other tattoo than the one's we got the other night and this is my first. His first is kind of not all that great looking if you ask me and I wonder about how clean the person was who gave it to him even though he swears the guy was great. He says no matter how moist I keep it eventually it WILL scab up at least a little... is this true?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have some that scabbed a lot and some that never did, just got flaky like a peeling sunburn.
    if the scab part is really thick, it might mean 2 things. Either they artist went really deep or there is a lot of ink in that area that had to be gone over a few times. Think of all those wholes in your skin that need to heal!

Good Luck
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They all scab up, it's part of the healing process. You should only put salve on it the first day. After that, only fragrance free lotion.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• All of mine did and then healed pretty quickly after that.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, mine looked terrible when it scabbed up but now i love love love it :)
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mine did a little but not bad but I kept Tattoo Goo and plastic wrap on at night for the first few nights with all of mine
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i think mine had a small scab but i applied alot of neosporin to it and it was healed really fast within a few days and still looks great..it's like 10 yrs old now..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have never been told to use Neosporin after the first day, just a very good lotion like Lubriderm.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mine all scabbed, but most were poorly done. When they are nicely done and not too deep they don't scab as bad. Be careful not to over use any ointments as they will make the scab soft and you could loose it. Then it will scar. I've got a couple to prove it.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 2:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mine never did. Have it over 6 years. Went to a great place.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• How long do I have to keep neosporin on it then?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010