WHAT COULD THESE KNOTS IN MY HEAD BE?

OK SO THEY ARE UNDER THE SKIN ROUND AND ONE IS IN THE VERY BACK TO THE LEFT SIDE AND ABOUT 1 INCH INTO MY HAIR LINE,ITS BEEN THERE FOR 4 1/2 YEARS NO,THE 2ND ONE IS ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD ABOUT 1INCH INTO THE HAIRLINE ABOVE MY FOREHEAD,ITS BEEN THERE 1YR AND A HALF.THEY ARE VERY HARD,AND UNDER THE SKIN.I ASKED A COUPLE NURSE PRACTITIONERS BOTH GAVE ME RIDICULOUS ANSWERS.I NEED TO GO TO A REAL DOCTOR AND HAVE THEM CHECKED.DO U KNOW WHAT THEY COULD BE?

Patty24momof5

Asked by Patty24momof5 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Health

• My mother is prone to small cysts. Me, I had a fatty tumor removed, which are never melignant.

I would find someone, like a skin Dr., that will take your seriously. Usually cysts and the like are nothing major to worry about, just mostly annoying, but best to check them out.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• cysts perhaps
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• sounds like cysts to me too.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I just had a fatty tumor removed from my forehead. I still thinks it's in there but the doctor says it's just swelling. I talked to a dematologist.
    pumpkin_baby86

Answer by pumpkin_baby86 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The one on the back of your head could be a lymph node. Not sure about the one on top of your head. Have youo noticed whether or not they've changed over the past year or so?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I had a cyst removed from my head a few years ago. the doctor said it was just a fatty tumor. nothing to worry about. I would call a doctor who i trust and have them removed.
    Carolynpritts

Answer by Carolynpritts at 7:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Sounds like a cyst to me too. My girlfriend just had one removed. I'd go see a dermo doctor to be sure.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 8:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008