How did you break the news?

Id like to know some reactions from familys when you told them "Im pregnant!"

When i told my boyfriend i called him and i was like "we need to talk"
i got into his jeep and showed him a paper that said "Prenatal Vitamins"
and he said "Your pregnant" i didnt look at him and i nodded my head yes"

he thought i was laughing and then he took my face and turned it to see me crying and he stopped his jeep and hugged me.

I was scared and excited at the same time.

When i told my mom...well lets not go there
My dad said "As long as im not pregnant we're good"

and his family said "If you think for one minute we're going to be happy, guess again"

so thats my reaction!

whats yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant when I lived in the states with my husband. Had to go back to germany because my visa extended. Well my dad picked me up from the airport and he looked at me and said: "are you pregnant?!"... i said "no"... lol.. i didnt want to tell him yet.

Well a couple days later i told my parents that I brought them a "little" souvenir from the states. They were asking where its at.. i said "in my belly!"...

well they went to the kitchen and had a smoke.. haha.. they were shocked, but then totally happy :D A few days later my mom started to buy baby cloth. LOL
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I was FIVE months pregnant when I found out (LONG STORY!!!) and my hubby was in alaska working. I sent him an email with the ultrasound pictures and telling him he was going to be a daddy in 4 months. His reply email... "Holy shit!" LOL. He was scared and surprised, but after he accepted it he was SOO happy. My family was thrilled because I wasn't planning on having kids EVER. His family is also soooo happy. His mom and dad were looking for a house to buy and when they found out they decided they wanted me and my hubby to move in with them while he gets through the police academy and they bought a HUGE house so we'd all fit. Then I won't be alone and I'll have lots of help. I'm sorry you had such bad reactions. I'M happy for you if that means anything!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I was terrified to tell my husband (then boyfriend). He laughed and said that from the way I acted, he thought I was going to tell him something bad.

My mother in law acted as though she had won the lottery.

My dad suggested I "get rid of it" (Now my children are the center of his universe, go figure)

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 2:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• even though i wasnt married everyone was happy. my mom bought us a little yellow baby sleeper outfit that day she found out. my husband was shocked but happy. i didnt tell my dad until after i moved in with my boyfriend and i had my mom tell my dad. he said i was retarded because i had just barely met my boyfriend but now we are married and everyone including my dad cant wait for the baby!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That morning he rolled over in bed and told me I was pregnant. After being told by docs that I could not get pregnant I snapped at him and asked him if I was looking fat or something. Well he was pushing me to get a test so I stopped at a drug store on the way to work and took it at work just to prove him wrong.

Well when I saw the positive test I passed out in the bathroom and another nurse came to my rescue. She called Chris and told him that I fainted taking a pregnancy test. LOL, I never got to tell him.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• awwwwwwwwwwwwww
    i love all the stories!!!
    well hopefully when my baby is born my his and my family might be a little bit more happier! im sure hoping so!

all my friends are great about everything and want to throw me a baby shower and buy baby clothes!
    at least my friends are happy
    Anonymous

• april may-I have the longest preiod of my life.15days!! then i dint have my period for a really really long time..Im used to this though. Im very irregular.but my dad said i was getting fat :( -Husband(then boyfriend)went to his first day of work. I went on a long bus ride to PPH.I went in and took a test and she said you are DEFFENTLY pregnant.And asked me when i wanted an abortion..I looked at her and said umm i dontthink so.She said sorry and gave me paper work to get assistance since my job did not cover anything.I call my mom as i walk out and said mommy im 10 weeks preganat! she said shut up lol.he was very excited.I get home and im waiting for My man to get home. when he walks in  i just sit and ask about his day. As he is talking i hand him the paper that says positive.He stopped talkin. looked at me and started crying lol. went up stairs and played papa dont preach lol

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It took me forever to tell my dad.I was scared.But i did it and he called everyone in the family that night :).the next week we did my birthday celebration.My aunt got me a bible. Im in NO way religious and it said my god bless your sins.I tossed it and never spoke to her again.My husbands family was great about it...oh the good ol days lol
    ryanlynn

• I waited till i was about 3 months to tell anyone in my family cause i was only 16, and scared out of my mind, but i prob did it in the worse way ever, i told one of the younger kids in the family (knowing they had a big mouth) and just let them do the dirty work. (whoops)
    emilysmummy

Answer by emilysmummy at 4:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I was so excited, I bought a pregnancy test during lunch, took it at work, & took a photo of the positive result with my phone and I sent it to his phone. I just couldn't wait to get home. His response, "my swimmies made it".
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 4:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008