17 month old biting!

is your sweet pea biting everything? we can't get him to stop & he has bit his sister bad a few times the last couple days! we tell him NO! show him what he did give him toys to chew on as he has a whole whack of teeth coming in but he is acting like a baby tiger or something! He thinks its funny but its not and we tell him I hope this phase passes soon.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It will pass. My daughter did that too around that age.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Start time outs. I had to when my DD started and it stopped the biting for good. She quickly realized that if she bite she had to sit in time out and if she got up she went right back to time out. Your child is that age that they are testing everything they can get away with.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My 16 month old scratches, hits, bites, and pinches. We've started putting her for a 1 minute time out on the couch/chair/bed, closest place we can find. It is a phase, my 5 year old went through it too. Can't wait for it to be over though!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ya I hear ya he is scratching also! my leather couches! thats why I say he is acting like a little tiger with that & biting! oh he is going to get time out he always smiles & giggles like its funny with his cute little cabbage patch face but have to discipline!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• try biting back, not enough to leave a mark or anything just so that he feels your teeth. If he knows it hurts he will stop doing it, but he probably doesn't even realize it hurts when he does.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 4:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I did do that it didn't work
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Try to put hot pepper on something his bites :)) if his mouth will sting from it maybe he will stop.
    ddsladyx

Answer by ddsladyx at 10:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010