Do you use baby powder?

I use it after every diaper change just a little bit in the back of the diaper! my dd has never had any problem with diaper rash or anything!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep I use it all the time and I did it with my son to :) makes them smell good through out the day! Not to mention when it's hot out it makes their butts not so sticky.. lol I still use it on my son in the summer sometimes and he is 6
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have been told by my kids doctors many years ago that you shouldn't use baby powder because it goes through the air and can get into their ears and sinus and cause problems.

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope, never used it with any of mine. My girls have super sensitive skina nd we used Balmex when they got rashes, but still haven't used it with my son and he has never had a rash.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No, we don't use it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No don't use it at all.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• not all the time. i just never got into the habbit of using it with my grls, but i use it more with my son. my grls had more sensitive skin tho and the power broke them out sometimes
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• to older: i did some research and they changed what it is made out of so now its pure corn starch so they say it is safe to use! it used to be made with talc and that was bad for the baby to breath in! i just put a little on my hand and pat in on her bottom.
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I did not use it and my kids never really go rashes.

mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Nope, never have used it. I don't think it does anything besides smell funny.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010