In dire need of help.

My family is barely scraping by. I'm trying to find something to bring in some income. These survey things let me do a little then they all end up saying that there's a problem.

Can someone suggest something that I can do at home, that is 100% legit and doesn't cost anything to do? Any help would be incredible. Thanks!

Kimmers1116

Asked by Kimmers1116 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• When my 2 boys were pre-school age, I did some things to help us make ends meet: a local toy shop wanted blocks cut from tree branches instead of from square lumber and we had a band-saw, so I learned how to use it and made sets. ... The shop also wanted "belts" (3-ft. long sashes which children can use as horsey reins, for building a fort with sheets, for playing dress-up, etc.), so I made those. I also got hold of a 2nd hand knitting machine and learned to knit with it. I made hard-to-find items for babies like knitted woollen leggings, and sold them at a local Waldorf school. I also got a job helping clean banks in the evening - I would leave the house at 7pm while my husband watched the boys, and I cleaned until 12 or 1am. At one point, we also found a living situation as caretakers so we didn't have to pay rent. That way I could be a stay-at-home mom. Good luck !

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i recently signed up for chacha.com - you answer questions and make money. you have to go through a little testing process and i have a little trouble getting to the right place, but figured it out... i don't know realistically how much you make yet. if you sign up, please use me as a reference (figaro8895too at sbcglobal.net). also, hubby and i found a craft site - new england crafters - that appears to be very legitimate. you pay $45 for your supplies but that is reimbursed when you complete 250 pieces. haven't tried it yet but looked into it thoroughly.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yes, I know of many work at home JOBs. Jobs are different then business because you receive a weekly check. My ID is my web address, go there and click Real Work @ Home Jobs. No ads, No Affiliates, only REAL jobs.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• A home bases business would be the way to go to earn good money, but you do have to make an initial investment. A job at home will take up all your time to only get paid peanuts. Think about it.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Six months ago I started my own business with Discovery Toys. They are learning based toys that are high quality, but affordable. I started selling the toys because I thought I could ensure my kids would have safe toys. I only had to pay $25 to get $300 worth of toys to start my business. So far I have enjoyed it for a couple reasons. 1. I love spending time with other mom's 2. The people I work with are the most supportive people I have every worked with. They have my best interest at heart! I would love to tell you more if you are interested. Email me at toys4love@discoverytoyslink.com or visit my site at www.discoverytoyslink.com/toys4love

Good luck to you and if I can help with anything else I would be glad to. Times are tough for all of us.

justfortoday

Answer by justfortoday at 4:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Check out www.jobsformoms.synthasite.com and www.nicheaffiliates.synthasite.com
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• There are MANY and they DO NOT involve FreeWebs GTP sites. If you want REAL Work at Home Jobs with a weekly paycheck there is ONLY ONE CafeMom Group that can help you: http://www.cafemom.com/group/91380/boards/read.php?post_id=6281104&result=posted

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Check out my page I have found a wonderful opportunity that cost nothing out of your pocket its so easy and you can make really good extra money. Send me a message I would love to talk to you about it
    histree

Answer by histree at 4:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008