my soon to be 2 yr old

from day one my daughter has done things on her own at her own pace.she was put into first steps due to not talking at 15mths..well she is almost 2 now and the so called speech person was suppose to have her talking and etc in 7mths..all the speech person does is repeat what my daughter says.she doesnt teach her new words.i feel the speech person isnt doing a good job..first of all she was doing sign languge which i thought was stupied and pointless one she can hear and 2 how the heck is she suppose to learn things when we as her parents dont know sign language?the lady said she would bring a book for use to know to do sign never did talked to the doc about it she said to talk to the speech person we did nothing...my daughter picked up more from the speech person being gone for 2weeks than the whole 7mths.my ? is what would you do drop the speech person whos doing nothing for her considring shes suppose to be speaking within

photogrypher

Asked by photogrypher at 3:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• those 7 mths.she is talking more but not saying sentences.she does follow commands like put something up and etc.?..
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Can you request a new therapist?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i would request a diff therapist. my dd started learning things in her therapy within the first session. she should be practicing diff sounds and vocab skills. (but still playing and having fun)
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• idk if i can.
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• try someone new!!! Demand it!! In the meantime read, read read with her!! it will really help! Talk with her about EVERYTHING all the time.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i thought about just dropping the speech one and keep the developmental because she does do new things with her ..signing songs and etc.
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i'm assuming she is in a Birth to 3 program?? If not look into it!! it will REALLY help and it's freee.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yeah she is in that program its not helping the speech lady only repeats what my daughter says doesn't say new words teh developmental ones does but not the speech.
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• uuug...my close friend works in the program and that is not at all how she aproaches it...can you call someone to discuss your concern???
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ive mentioned to the head lady that i may drop her if things arent getting better.
    photogrypher

Comment by photogrypher (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010