I'm thinking of turning my box tops in to the school office today,how do you turn them in?

I've seen cereal box flaps in a pile with a rubber band over them but the box top says to cut around the box top the pink little square,so who's right?I have time to cut around the square,but then I think they will be harder to keep track of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just give room all around when you cut so you don't cut into the box top. They are not picky. I just put them in an envelope and send in with my daughter.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I just go in and say I have box tops to give you. They just say thank you and take them.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• idk, i never turn those in bc they dont have the "box tops for education" logo on them. but at my school, u put them in a ziploc bag and turn them in at the library.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I put them in a ziplock. We cut them out.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• take it in or give to ur kids and probably give to someone working in the office
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We have to cut them out and paste them on a sheet of paper. I don't have time for that (as I sit on cafemom) so I just put them in a baggie and turn them in.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I give them to my daughter and she gives them to her teacher.
    And recently I was told that the more of the label or box top you turn in, the more credit the school can get.
    For instance, instead of cutting out the square from a Campbell's soup label, I send in the whole label. (Just run a thin knife between the can and the label, then turn it out slightly to pop the label off.)
    For cereals, (normally General Mills), I rip off the whole flap and send it in.
    Same thing for hamburger helper, etc. There are also box tops on Huggies packages.
    Go to BTFE.com and you'll find all sorts of helpful info.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Box Tops for Education does NOT give more credit for MORE label. What they do is NOT give ANY credit if the expiration date and product code are incomplete. So be careful when cutting or tearing them out.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ah, thank you twinsplus2more. I knew it was something along those lines. I just always send in a whole label or box top.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• As the BFE coordinator for our elementary school several years back.......box tops do not have to be cut neatly and perfectly, BUT the expiration date and product code cannot be incomplete. I just tear my mine off the box, flap, package, etc and put them into a zip lock bag because ziplock bags hold more than an envelope.
    The Coordinator for the school will then count and bundle them into bundles of so many as required by BFE before mailing them off.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010