My daughter is 3 1/2 years old. A friend of mine told me that she is too old to play with...

A Dora backpack? The backpack sings that backpack song and tells her to take out the map, compass, etc. She really likes it and I think it's age appropriate. Am I wrong?

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 3:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol. your friend is silly ;) definitely sounds age appropriate to me. i don't really think there is any toy that my 3 yo is too old for. he can learn from baby toys too. jmho
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If she likes it, let her play with it. Who cares what your friend says.

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh pooh. If she likes it what does it matter, as long as she has other age appropriate toys.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 3:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Am I wrong or isn't that an appropriate age for Dora. I would let her play with it and not worry about what your friend says. Btw...what is so inappropriate about it??
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 3:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My son has a Diago backpack and he still plays with it and he if 5. So if your child likes it then let her play with it, what harm can it really do?
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• all age toys say 6months+ or whatever age, very few say 0-1yr ect. so i would just blow it off.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• kids always do things like that. tell other kids that certain things are stupid, or what not.

I think if she likes it, then let her play with it as long as she wants.

I think the dora backpack is cool- I wish they made one big enough for adults!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I agree with Louise2. If your daughter has fun with it, who cares what your friend thinks. let her play with it.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I think as long as she is playing with it, it's not worth getting rid of it. My son is 2 and didnt play start playing with a lot of toys for a younger age till recently
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's great that she likes it! Your friend is an ass.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010