How old where they when they were 100% done teething?

DD is almost 22 months and she has only 8 teeth! She got her first at 9 months and they have been SUPER slow coming in ever since her first tooth. She still needs well wants her Baba(pacifer) pretty much 85% of the time since she is still teething. We thought that she would be done with teething by now since she was late getting her 1st we thought she would get all the rest all at once after her first. How long is this teething business going to last I mean I know it's different kid to kid but really is thier an actual age that they should have all thier teeth ??

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 2:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My daughter is 27 months and one of her 2nd year molars is finally breaking through. From everything I've read, they should be done by age 3. Just so you know, there are 20 baby teeth. Eight of them are molars. Yipes!

Once they have these 20, they are done until 5 or 6. Then they start to lose the baby teeth and gain the 6 year molars. Later they get the 12 year molars and last the wisdom teeth at about age 18.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my dd is 20 months and still wants the paci too. I tried lastnight to put her to bed without it, but that didnt work. dd also only has 6 teeth, but she is cutting all four molars and the two bottom. My dd dentist told me that since she is getting teeth in later than normal that they will fall out later like 6-7 even 8yrs old. He also said that she will probably have all her teeth by 2 1/2-3yrs. Hope this helps a bit
    Bekah062205

Answer by Bekah062205 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my son got his 2 year molars at 4!! He was always a little behind and is actually missing a front bottom tooth completely!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Technically speaking children have 20 baby teeth and adults have 32 teeth. The baby teeth should all be erupted by 4 years old. The permanent molars will not be completely erupted until sometime between 15 and 20 years old. The first molars come in around 6 years old, the second molars come in around 12 years old, and the wisdom teeth at 17 years old on average.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2008