MONO?

Anyone have to deal with a kid that got mono?
How long did it take for you to get a diagnosis?
How long was your child sick for?
When were the able to go back to school?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 3:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• my sis had mono in highschool (drank from a kid that had it)... she missed a lot of school but was diagnosed pretty quick once she started showing symptoms. she would go to half-days of school bc she was so weak for about 3 months. it can last awhile.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had it as a teen. I had extremely swollen glands. That's how they knew what it was. I also had bad ear aches and head aches. I was sick on the couch, could not move for 2 weeks. I think I probably missed 2 1/2 - 3 weeks of school. But for 6 months after I still took naps every day. I lost a ton of weight. It really was the sickest I ever was.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had repeated diagnosis (on & off)strep throat & tonsillitis for about 2 years. It wasn't until my fever spiked to 108 that the ER docs figured out it was mono. It took me over a month to recover. I missed 28 straight days of school. 2 years later I had a relapse. If I push myself to do too much, I have relapses. Mostly exhaustion. Last time I slept probably 20 hours per day for 2 weeks.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• no yikes here's a bump GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010