How do food stamps work?

What is the process, how do I get them and how does it work? I'm in a position and will need them really soon. I live in Missouri.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• just go to the welfare office and aply you need all the information from your hubby and your kids info
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 3:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You would need to contact your local welfare office, have them send you an application. Fill it out, provide proof of address, proof of income & citizen ship (in some cases) and send it back. They will call you once it's in the computer for an interview and to answer any questions you have. From there you'll be notified of any programs you qualify for...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If you visit you're state's website, they may have an online application and or "what do you qualify for" kind of thing on it... I know PA does.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I just recently had to apply. They needed a ton of stuff, some stuff I am still working on acquiring, such as a statement from my work stating why they fired me. By the time I get all the info I need, I will be starting my new job. I only need the food stamps for a month. Anon..thats just not right. This person obviously doesn't abuse the system and just needs some temporary help.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• U should able to apply online. Try compass.org. I think and the application should be there and they should tell u what u need
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 5:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010