Daycare & Diapers?

If your kids are in Daycare, do you have to provide diapers?

I never heard of this til today. My kids are home with me full time, but I worked in a daycare very briefly and we always provided diapers... That's why parents pay so much for care, because things like food & diapers are provided...

I always knew if parents had specific wants like cloth or bleach free or something (our daycare used Pampers - which I don't like, but I didn't own the place) then the parents had to bring their own, but as long as they were okay with what we provided, they didn't need to bring anything.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some kids are allergic to certains kinds so I have always heard of them providing there own so there are no mistakes.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i have used several daycares and ive always had to supply. the ones i took them to changed them very often too, once an hour even if they were dry. its like thanks for wasting my expensive ass diapers!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have a friend that works at a daycare and the parents are supposed to bring diapers, wipes, formula, etc. If they don't, the daycare has a back-up supply and the parents are charged for the items.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I always had to provide diapers to daycare. I have never heard of daycare providing them. It's up to the mother what size and brand they prefer.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have a home dacycare and yes the parents provide diapers and wipes for their child. Each child has their own cubby to keep their items in. If I had to provide diapers I'd be charging alot more than what I do. Known of the daycares around here provide diapers.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My son goes to daycare and I have to provide diapers and wippies. I never heard of a daycare that provides them but that would be great.

mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 4:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I also don't change diapers unless they need to be changed. Most of the kids I keep use 3-4 diapers a day on average. I don't understand why someone would change a child that had on a dry diaper.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I always provided diapers and wipes. They provided the food. They provided formula for my little one and baby food as she grew.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes, I have always provided diapers. I have a certain brand I prefer to use.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I did know home daycares didn't provide them, but the one I worked in was State Run... It was a general every day daycare, and they always provided unless someone had special needs... Honestly I was shocked to find out that daycares in other areas didn't do that...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010