Holy Crap! Hard boiled egg?

I just want to know how long to boil an egg to hard boil it. I've googled it, and it gives me these long drawn out scientific answers. Seriously.. how long do you boil an egg?

Osstie

Asked by Osstie at 4:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I put my eggs into a pot of water, bring to a rapid boil, cover, turn the heat off, and allow to sit there for 5-15 minutes before dousing with cold water and peeling.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I boil it for 2 and then cover for 15 minutes. I am sure there are different way to do it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• 8 to 10 minutes once it starts boiling. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh I should say I put eggs in cold water, an inch above eggs. Bring to boil, continue in rapid boil 2 minutes and then remove from heat and cover for 15. That makes mroe sense now.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I put the eggs in the pan and barely cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover, take off of the heat, and let sit for 12-15 minutes. Then I put the eggs in ice water(lets the yolks stay yellow instead of turning green) and then peel.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010