Where do you keep your kids toys?

My toddler has some in the living room, and his bedroom. But I notice that he rarely uses/has access to them since our home is a multi level home. He's only in his room to sleep. We're both normally in the living room most of the time during the day. It's big enough to house all of the toys without looking cluttered.

Trying to transition him to a toddler bed, and he's usually up and playing with his toys. So I am thinking I should move them down to the living room. But now I gotta ask, where do you keep your kids toys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They have a box in their room and another in the living room.. But my house is all on one floor, their room is just across the hall from the living room...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• In her bedroom.
    A large maple cradle in the family room is used as a toy box.
    She has a Step 2 desk with toys in and on it in the kitchen.
    Her Dollhouse and music toy are in the Living room.
    She has a large toybox on the front porch-building toys in here.
    Kitchen and riding toys on the back deck and patio.
    Pool toys in pool shed.
    She has toys everywhere.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• In his bedroom. I'll be having another baby soon though, and they'll share a room, so I'm thinking of bringing some of his toys to the living room so I have more space in their bedroom. I was thinking about getting one of those big padded ottoman's that open up for his toys to go in the livingroom, but I'm not sure yet.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I am OP -

My house is three story, /sigh. Poses a bit of a problem when deciding where toys go =/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We have some on the top floor. They have some in there rooms. Main floor living room has a toy box or toys. Then our basement has a play room too.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• In the living room, I have a small house, so space is minimal
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When they where young, under school age, in the living room. After that they started to play only in there bed room.

Answer by louise2 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my kids toy are in the livingroom. They were in their rooms, but they were staying up all night playing and I have a 5 year old in all day kindergarden so I took the toys out of their room. I also took them out of their room and brought them downstiars because the only time they played with their toys was at night now that I brought them downstairs they get played with all the time lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• @ Louise -

Yeah he isn't near old enough to make it up the stairs himself, so I really feel they need to be within his reach. Guess I might just take em all downstairs and buy another toy box so I'll have space for them. Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When they were younger, I had them in the living room. Around the age of one, I put them in their bedroom. They are allowed to take one toy or a box of toys into the living room at a time. Now that they are 6 and 7, no toys are allowed in my living room, except arts and craft stuff.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010