waiting for my period while breastfeeding adult content

What were your symptoms that AF was coming back?

I usuall have very creamy lotiony cm but lately it has been getting more stringy and snot like TMI sorry, I have a few twinge cramps

and I don't know if this related but I have kindy of an achy hip or plevic bone feeling???

Hope its positive!

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I am in the same boat but unlike you I havne't started seeing any signs of ovulation. I've been having creamy lotion like CM for about 4 months now. I never thought I would want a period so bad in all my life.

I have an OBGYN appointment tomorrow to talk about my options and see if there is anything we can do besides cutting down on feedings which we've already done. I am not willing to completely ween in order to get pregnant.

I got pregnant last time while breastfeeding but my DD was nursing a lot less by this point than my DS is.

The "snot like" (lol) CM you are seeing sounds like fertile mucus so make sure to baby dance!!! The cramping is also a sign that you could be ovulating. MANY MANY women have light cramping (usually on the side that is going to release the egg) so that could be what's going on. I always have cramping during ovulation.

Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Well, I had my lochia for 3 1/2 weeks, and my period returned at 4 post-partum, even though I was EBFing. So I didn't really have any warning. It can return any time, so I hope you're not relying on BFing as birth control.
    In general, stringy mucus is associated with ovulation, so it could very well be that you're ovulating again.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Sounds like you're ovulating - some women feel crampy at that time. So, if you're trying to conceive, now would be a good time - if you're not, no hanky-panky!
    Anonymous

• I never had any signs of knowing it was coming. After my first baby was born it was 16 months before I saw it again. I was EBF her. I got pregnant again while BF and lost it in a miscarriage due to conflicting hormones. My OB told me though that if it comes back before three months post partum to go in and be checked. But I had no symptoms whatsoever. It just started one day.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2010