Does it annoy anyone else that cookie monster no longer eats cookies????

I mean really people! Here's a story on it http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/219386_nocookie.html i miss cookie monster singing "C" is for cookie.. this healthy lifestyle stuff is getting way out of hand! I want to give cookie monster a huge hug b/c i feel badly for him. I know i didn't eat more cookies because of him! My mother taught me herself that cookies aren't something you eat all the time, so i would find cookie monster a funny character and laugh that he didn't eat any "good food" what ever happened to the parents actually parenting? God help the next generation of kids, my daughter included...

KKline

Asked by KKline at 4:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My DH and I were just talking about this... It's seriously stupid! Watching a big blue monster eat cookies has nothing to do with making children obese, the parents who can't tell their kids NO, You can't eat the whole box of cookies, and YES you do have to eat your greens make children obese!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We're so damn PC these days! Parents don't always take it upon themselves to teach their children how to eat right, so we blame it on Cookie Monster. We let our kids be violent and buy them violent toys and games, then blame the games and movies. I know, we've lost what we grew up with! And we turned out just fine, even with a cookie-eating Cookie Monster! Hence his name! Hello!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Parents gotta have something/someone to blame besides themselves! Why are there cookies in your house if you're so concerned about your kid getting fat from a hairy blue monster singing about cookies?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'm with you. what gets me is how often I hear 'it's my kid, I'll do whatever I want with them and mind your own business' on sites like this and other things, in cases when you worry about a child being mistreated.
    But yet if you don't buy stuff from the fundraiser, you are the ogre that doesn't care about kids.
    it's their child, but yet so many are out to censor the whole world to make less work for them

it's like 'help me parent my child, but only when it's convenient for me.'

so yes, I find the whole cookie monster change very irritating.
    Anonymous

• Thank you! I am glad i am not the only one! If we don't expose our children to these things, there is no chance for learning.. this society has become sickenly PC! I actually bout an older sesame st vhs bc it annoyed me so much.. guess what was stuck to it? "warning, this video not intended for child viewing" WTF??????? It's sesame st!!!!! i grew up on this stuff.. ugh
    KKline

Comment by KKline (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• its sad, my daughter loves cookie monster, i still have the older shows on dvd so we still cookie eating his cookie song singing how c is for cookie. its crazy that people get all upset over something because they dont feel like actually teaching their kids that no you cannot live on cookies, but you can have some for a treat.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• This is what happens when we turn our jobs as parents over to T.V. then claim they arent doing a good job at raising our kids.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• OMG... my kids are so much older now I haven't watch Sesame Street in ages...I had no idea. I loved "C" is for cookie.

I'm absolutely disappointed...I have to agree what happened to taking on responsbility for parenting our own children. Like they say it only takes a few bad "apples" to ruin the bunch... ;(
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They should have made a new character, not ruined a famous one. That was just stupid. Cookies are a part of life...and a good one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2010