I want to go back to college but i'm not sure for what...

I was thinking about going for medical assistant do any of you know if they make good money? I think I would love that job I don't have a probleme with blood and guts. If you have any other info on that job please let me know i'm looking it up online right now.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to your local college and meet with an advisor. They have a test booklet that asks a bunch of questions and lets you know from those questions you answered what you might be good at or interested in.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Financing is a growing field right now...check it out...hope this helps....just started college this summer to become an accountant..wish you the best of luck
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Medical assistants in clinics generally do vital signs, but you also need to be prepared to handle urine and fecal samples people bring in. Any medical job that isn't clerical can make you encounter bodily fluids, in my experience. The only possible exception might be an x-ray tech, but that's not without its fluids, either. Plus, medical assistants don't make much, only a couple of bucks over minimum wage.
    Try talking to a college counselor. They can help guide you. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Take a look at this link. Sorry I don't know how to give a "clickable" link, but you can cut and paste it.

http://www.boston.com/jobs/galleries/30fastest_growing_occupations/
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i agree talk with college advisor and see if they have any apptitude tests you can take. I'm currently in my last year of school for a bachelors in Sociology, so I don't have much experience in 2 yr degrees and schools.

My only suggestions for 4 yr beyond an adviser is to take your generals from a variety of departments.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You don't say if you have all of your general education requirements - if so, I'd recommend business, a broader field of study.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There is a wonderful book called What Color is My Parachute. It will help you find your path

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• If you want to make good money then that should be your objective and goal in looking for the career you want. Then talk to a counselor to see how you can get started. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2010