Do you think this is wrong

My kids go to a baby sitter when I go to work which I pay for. My youngest dd is 17 months and the baby sitter allows some of the neighborhood kids over. Which I don't mind. But my problem was when my kids came home my 2 oldest kids told me one of the neighborhood girls tackled my baby and bit her on her back. So I told the baby sitter that when my baby is there I don't want the child over. Than I also found out she did the same to the baby sitter dd thats around my youngest dd age and she always bites her sister. Was that wrong for me to tell her that?

lovelypisces

Asked by lovelypisces at 4:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not at all, I would have done the same.

Answer by older at 4:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• NO....your children's safety comes first and foremost..
    twdivine24

Answer by twdivine24 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The babysitter is responsible for the safety of the children while they are in her care. She needs to do something to resolve the issue.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Absolutely not. You should have told her that, and I would have as well. You're paying her to take care of your child. Letting your child get abused by another child isn't what she should be doing. If it happens again, I'd find a new babysitter.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i mean, kind of! I could see asking her to talk to the other childs mother about it and if it happend again to not have her over, but you seem to be a little bit jumping the gun! Kids do that stuff, it isnt the end of the world
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• No
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't think I jump the gun my kids are only there 2-3 days a week and if this is something she does at home and to other kids her parents already knows.
    lovelypisces

Comment by lovelypisces (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You did good. If she don't like it oh well. You are in all your rights.. That's why you are paying her..
    galchik

Answer by galchik at 4:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• nope, in some states it is not allowed for the CCP to have other people (even kids) on the premises.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no.. I think u should find a new babysitter
    Tomboy42484

Answer by Tomboy42484 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2010