What is CIO?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 4:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• It stands for Cry It Out. It' basically when you let your child cry for certain periods of time, until they stop. Personally, I don't practice it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's the process of placing your child in their crib and simply neglecting their needs in hopes that they will learn to go without and just sleep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's the process of placing your child in their crib and simply neglecting their needs in hopes that they will learn to go without and just sleep... "

Why was this down voted? It's pretty much the truth. Babies, especially young ones, NEED comfort. Someone put it to me like this once, and made up my mind on CIO. Basically, when they give up hope on you coming and getting them, they stop crying. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:38 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Cry It Out is not neglecting your child. its a process of getting your toddler to sleep on his own if he has not been doing it. I did it when my dd was about 15months and now she goes to sleep on her own. she is not neglected or abused and its not for everyone but it does work for some. and in my case it has worked beautifully. :)
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:37 PM on Oct. 18, 2010