How much is your water bill ?

My water bill is ALWAYS $45. This seems extremely high. All of my neighbors and friends pay about the same so it's not like I use an excessive amount of water. I'm actually very concious about my water usage. Today, my water got turned off because they said I didn't pay the bill. Yes, I should have remembered about it but I never recieved a bill and now they are going to charge me a $40 reconnect fee PLUS my original bill of $45. Wit tax it's gonna cost me $87 to restore service. This is outrageous !!! My mom and sister own a home and their water bill in the city is always about $12. What's up with that ?

TexasStyle

Asked by TexasStyle at 2:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think ours is about $80 a month. But, we have a pool, a hotub,sprinklers, four bathrooms, and a child who LOVES to turn on the water without mommy knowing. She is really sneaky. I think its horrible for the reconnect fee's. Especially if you were only a few days late. :(
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 2:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My bill is usually around 55..I live in NJ.
    3 adults and my 4 year old and two part time 6 year old...I think my bill is too high also.
    In the summer it was over 80 because of all the water slide stuff for the kids.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm shocked! I didn't even know that people had to pay for water. I have a well, we paid $4500 for it including the pump.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Wow I"d love my water bill to be only $45!!! Where I live we pay two separate companies. We pay the Sanitation District and Florence Water. Each bill is at least $150. We do get billed this every 3 months. Maybe you pay monthly. But this time one bill was $300!!!! We have had family members staying with us.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• mine is about 27.00 which I think is alot, my mom's is only 8.00 a month she lives one county over from me, we live in ga.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Wow, mine is $60 a month for city water - and we don't use a lot (we don't wash our cars or water the lawn much). You guys have it cheap!

I live in Oregon.....we have good water though....my family lives in Utah and they have to have filters and softeners because their water is so crappy.
    Anonymous

• Mine is about $70.00 a month.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Mine is $86.00 if I pay it on time then if I don't it is $95.00
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• 50$ for two months. But I live in the land of liquid sunshine.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my bill for july, august & september was $750. :(
    wildgirl100

Answer by wildgirl100 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008