What charities do you contribute to and why?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 4:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• We make monetarty donations to St. Judes hospital. We also donate to the schools and we donate all of our gently used clothes to shelters or salvation army.
    Anonymous

• American Cancer Society because a good friend of mine is a breast cancer survivor.

We created a fundraising page this year for the Making Strides Against Cancer 5K walk, which is this Sunday, and have had a horrible time getting anyone to donate. Everyone seems very tight fisted this year, even worst than last year.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Planned Parenthood and Human Rights Campaign because we support what they stand for. We also have a tradition. When it's your birthday, you get $100 to do something charitable (in addition to the regular gifts and such). We've bought food for a family going through tough times, donated to shelters and other organizations, etc. I think it teaches our kids to be giving. The person whose birthday it is gets to decide who will be the benefactor, and we all participate as a family in making it happen.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have all the charities I donate to and work with on my site...

They are, Somaly Mam, Dollar4Life, ChildsPlay, The World Food Project/Free Rice, Children of the Night, & Heifer Intl. These are causes I am highly passionate about. They provide more than answers to issues, but happyness as well.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When I have extra money I donate to St Judes Children Hospital. I also collect cans that I take to a place where they recycle and donate to charities.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mostly local.

We donate food and clothing to the womens shelter and store,
    and food and money to the local animal rescue society.

At Christmas, we always give to the Salvation Army, a bit each
    time, all through the holidays. (by a bit I mean a dollar or two, or
    as much as $5, each time)
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 9:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• SPCA - Because it's an animals cause.

Goodwill

Salvation Army

St. Vicente De Paul Thrift shop

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010