What do you do with your old baby gear once it's no longer needed?

We have two infant car seats and a bassinet. We live in a very small town and the one thrift shop here has some really odd hours. I never seem to be able to catch anyone there.

Suggestions?

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I don't know anyone who needs it, consignment or yard sale.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We donate it or give it to friends. You could put it on craigslist-try to get some money or put it in the free adds? My friend just went organic and gave away a bunch of food for free on craigslist. I couldn't believe how many emails she got.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I gave most of my stuff to a local charity program for young mothers and fathers. I don't know about the car seats as some states do not allow for them to be resold because they expire and are unusable if involved in an accident.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i donate it. The purple heart will take just about anything, is nation wide, and it goes to veterans and thier families.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We either try to sell the stuff or, if it doesn't sell, give it to Goodwill.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Actually, just today I took a TON of my son's stuff to a place that buys used children and baby items. They gave me $70 for some of it, then what they didn't buy I donated to a Crisis Pregnancy Center. So, I made a little bit of money plus helped out those in need....and I have more space in my home, which is always great. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I gave it to friends the first time around and will probably do the same this time also except for a few things.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I sold it on ebay or craigslist...
    Tomboy42484

Answer by Tomboy42484 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I always hang on to the stuff til I know of someone who needs it... If I don't have the room, I usually just donate it to GoodWill or a shelter or something.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Sell it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010