how do i get my son to eat more food cause he is a picky eater

singlemom200839

Asked by singlemom200839 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep offering my DS used to be the same way and now will pretty much eat anything or at least try it and also let your LO see YOU eating/trying new things. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Offer him varieties of healthy foods. He won't let himself starve. Just don't allow him to develop unhealthy eating habits.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• thank you
    singlemom200839

Comment by singlemom200839 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• You can try dips.. my daughter loves her chicken with bbq sauce or ranch dressing to dip it in! also, there is no shame in the game to feed them what they WANT to eat.. so long as its not junk food! :) they say, dont cook more than one meal, but hey, if your kid likes certain things, have them on hand to offer!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• use variaty and try to make them look like the stuff he likes. And don't force eating. You can even try once to tell him. If you don't want to eat than don't. I let my daughter go hungry one meal and 2 hours later I offered her again the same thing I did before. She was hungry enough that she ate what she didn't want to eat 2 hours prior :)) That worked for me. You can try it too. Maybe it will work for you too.
    ddsladyx

Answer by ddsladyx at 10:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010