my son is potty trained but he still poops his pants especially in the morning and in the middle of the night like on weekends. he goes at school but what do i do to get him to do it at home in the toilet?

newmomie07

Asked by newmomie07 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could it be that at school they are on a routine and go to the bathroom at a set time. Not just when he decides to go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• it sounds like your son is closer than our son! but something that really helps our son to poop in the potty is to have him NAKED on bottom, no undies or pants, and then he will go on the potty. otherwise he will just go in his pants! of course then he occasionally goes on the floor! we have hard wood floors so that helps :P
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• how long has he been potty trained?? our son took about a month before he would stop pooping in his pants and we still have to "catch" him most times and run there..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i tel him to go to the bathroom almost every hour and ask him if he needs to poo and he says no but i try and he flips.. and hes ben poty trained almost 2-3 months now.
    newmomie07

Comment by newmomie07 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Our son did that for a while too.. then it was like he "got it" well, kinda lol!! I know its frustrating - our daycare provider says "do you have to FEED the potty" which I thought was cute and that helped him get started, Oh.. also, the Type of potty seat made a HUGE difference. we had a toilet top sesame street one but after trying and accident after accident we finally got out of him that the potty hurts after stitting on it too long and It was true, he had red marks from it not being very soft.. so we got a "cushy" potty seat and really, now that I think of it, made all the difference.. when we got to the store I saw it and thought, well he complained it was so hard so I made a big production of the" cushion for his tushion" he thought it was funny and funner. just a thought..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I am a bit confused, is he completely potty trained or still working on it???? Like was he completely potty trained hardly ever having accidents and now he has regressed, is it a new problem??? Or is he only pee potty trained and having problems with the boo boo's.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• hes pee potty trained and poops his pants at night or morning at home but what i was told was that he will go at school.. so idk what it is.. and i do have a soft toilet toper that has cusion on it and we stoped using it because he stands up to pee and i never thought of having to use it again but i will deff give it a try..
    newmomie07

Comment by newmomie07 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010