My 6 mons. old daughter get's a rash on the side of her face.Every time I give her baby food?

I have tried all the baby foods all of them give her the rash. could it be she gets a rash from all baby food? also I breast feed. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem? or knew what to do to get rid of it? I use bottle water so any answers would be good thanks!

0 seconds ago

nikkimia

Asked by nikkimia at 4:52 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does the rash look like?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• it means she is allergic to some ingredient in the food. I would recommend not giving her anymore until you talk with her doc and figure out what it is that she is having an allergic reaction to. Reactions can get worse the longer a person is exposed to it.

find the common ingredient or have the doc do some tests..they can do most allergy tests by blood
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It could be the food you're giving her or a food you're ingesting that goes into the breastmilk.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• bright red mark from her eye up to her forhead, only pops up when she eats baby food.
    nikkimia

Comment by nikkimia (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It is probably an allergy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• More than likely an allergy. What are you giving her? Is there a common ingredient? You may want to call her doc, they can be really helpful in trying to troubleshoot what your baby is allergic to specifically. Also, it might just be the brand of food. My dd breaks out with gerber carrots, but she's fine with any other brand. Even fresh carrots she's fine with.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It sounds like an allergy. I'd back off all solids and reintroduce them one ingredient at a time to try and figure out what it is. Even when babies do react to foods, it is usually safe to try them again in a couple of months. Don't worry, she doesn't really need the solids yet so it will not hurt to back off.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It could be a reaction. You can have the dr. do a blood test to confirm the allergy. Or like others said, stop them all and slowly reintroduce the foods 1 by 1 until you know which one she's is allergic to.
    RaRa921

Answer by RaRa921 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• With baby food, you have to start out little. When you try something, try that ONE something for a week and see if she has any reactions, if not proceed to introduce another food, doing the same for each food. Doing this you will be able to know what does and does not give her an allergic reaction. Also see your doctor if it persists, you don't want her to end up eating something and end up in the hospital. Def, see your Pedi! Good luck!
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 2:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have had the same problem since I started baby jar food with my son who just turned 6 months. I only bought organic and he has the same problem, my doc cant figure it out either. I stopped all jar food and it has gotten alot better. I made homemade steamed sweet potatoes, squash and carrots and froze it in individual servings. I also mash up a fresh organic banana and that doesnt cause rash either. I use Aveeno baby lotion during the day on his face, and use A+D ointment at night. I smear a little vaseline on his face before feeding him too. Hope this helps you some, it has gotten much better for my son.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2010