oh no....

anyone had a baby at 33-34 weeks? what kind of problems did the abby have if any?
my sil is having some serious problems right now they think its pre-e and the baby might have to come out..we are still watiin to find out a for sure....just we are all really really worried right now...so any info would be helpful.

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My cousin had twins at 32 weeks i believe. They are 3 now :) No problems.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The baby will be placed in the NICU if born at 33-34wks and most likely will have to stay for a few weeks. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 5:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Bump...I am not sure..I will say a prayer for you..
    Kelly2573

Answer by Kelly2573 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Didn't have any issues with mine except DD5 spent 2 weeks in the NICU (had trouble feeding - had an ASD which healed itself), but while there, I learned that most babies who are born early end up leaving the NICU right around their original due date. Weird, but true. I think it's good that the doctors are aware that something is going on so your SIL will be carefully monitored rather than being surprised. Trust the doctors and trust her instincts is what I would advise.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 5:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• A friend of mine's wife did. The baby had to stay in the NICU for a month and then after that get special injections and be monitored closely so she wouldn't get sick because her immune system was underdeveloped. She was a little behind in motor skills, too, compared to my daughter who was born full term a month later.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Bump...I dont have an answer so I bumped you so maybe someone that does will answer
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Every birth and baby are different. Just make sure her doc is aware and can monitor her closely. You never know what the outcome is unfortunatelly because there is noneone alike... Her doc will have more information also since he/she knows your SIL's health history.
    ddsladyx

Answer by ddsladyx at 9:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I haven't had any personal experience with any of this, but they usually say they will stay in the hospital until around the original due date. this also varies a lot! the good thing is that they are monitoring her closely and if they decide it's better if the baby be born, they will be able to give steroids for the lungs and try to make sure the baby is as healthy as possible :) GL
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 9:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had my daughter at 33 weeks due to severe pre-e. My blood pressure was in the 180/120s, and the meds caused fetal distress. The only cure is giving birth. If it develops into eclampsia, you may experience strokes and/or seizures.

Tess weighed 2 lb 15oz at birth and was 16" long. Low birth weight is not uncommon with pre-e's since the placenta is being constricted with the higher blood pressure. She was very tiny, but given the stress on her system, the lungs were already developed so that she only had an oxygen tube in her nose. The only small complications we had were her becoming slightly jaundiced (most preemies go thru this) and some anemia that they treated with iron.

Tess was in the NICU exactly 28 days. She's a very happy, healthy, and intelligent little girl turning 3 next month. She's still at the bottom of the growht charts, but that's no concern.

Every birth is different. Good luck!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• just calm down its not good for the baby for u to stress . i had my son at 29 weeks he weighed 2lbs12 ozs he was so tiny and fregile. He spent almost 2 months in thehospital and is now such a happy healthy little boy . good luck ..
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010