WHAT KIND OF CHORE ARE GOOD FOR A 9YR OLD BOY???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 5:08 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Gender is irrelevant.
    My 9 year old sorts, folds, and puts away laundry. Cleans the table & sweeps after meals. Helps with yard work. Keeps her room clean, and does any other cleaning task that I can think of which is safe for her to do.

Same goes for my other 2, who are 3 & 5. the 3 year old actually helps load the dishwasher after meals, and cleans around the house more than anyone else.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My 9 year old DS is responsible for folding towels, putting his own clothing into his dresser or hanging it up, unloading the dishwasher, taking the trash out, and emptying the trash from the car each week. He's also responsible for throwing away the downstairs bathroom trash.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I'll answer both here. We have 2 lists and 2 girls. These are weekly assignments, they switch each week.
    List 1: Bathrooms; counters &mirrors, tubs and floors they grew into
    Vacuum common areas
    List 2: Kitchen; all dishes are clean and put away, counters and stove top wiped clean. Sweep. Empty trash and recycling into curbside bins. Mopping added as the kids got older.

Plus they switch who washes and who puts away the dishes daily. They keep their rooms clean themselves and do their own laundry. This was enacted in middle school.

It took a long time for them to be able to do it as well as me, but they know that they have a whole weekend to get their work done and will re-clean everything until the WHOLE job is done.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well I think taking out the garbage is not to bad and making sure he keep's up his own room. Also helping you with the Folding of Cloth's.. Even the Dishes on a Saturday..
    judybronxmom68

Answer by judybronxmom68 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well I asked my 12 yr old and he says: Vacuuming, putting away dishes, taking out the trash, cleaning counters or dusting, taking care of pets.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Any and all chores...my son does the dishes, sweeps floors, mops, cleans the guinea pigs cage, wipes counters, and trash duty. He also has what we call baby duty. When I am working (I work from home in the evenings) he sits with the baby and watches him. His days are Mondays and Thursdays. If the baby is wet, or hungry he tells me and I make a bottle but he has to feed him, and I help him change the diapers. My son is 12 yrs old now and the baby duty did not start but a few weeks ago. He loves the baby duty but hates the rest.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• dishes, cooking and laundry to help teach him how to do these things.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son feeds the dogs and takes out recycling and trash...I think thats enough along with keeping his room clean and grades up
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2010