Does a wife have any legal recourse regarding a "mistress" who won't leave my husband alone?

Any lawyers out there? The mistress won't cease and desist. She is a single parent who keeps calling. My husband told her it's over but she still calls the house phone. If I answer she doesn't say anything but caller ID shows her name and number. If I do talk to her, she is very rude. Any legal recourse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• I BELEIVE ALIENATION OF AFFECTION MAYBE, OR JUST PLAIN OL HARRASSMENT?

myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Get a  restraining order put against her . Change your phone number and make sure when changing your number that you let the phone company know that its to be an unlisted unfindable phone number due to the fact your husband has a stalker. GL

mncoffeemom

Answer by mncoffeemom at 2:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• The police can have the phone number put a trace on your phone (even though your caller ID shows it). Those phone company records are admissible in court, and you'd be able to get a restraining order based on it. If she then calls one time after that order is in place, she is arrested.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I'm not sure if there is anything legally you can do, maybe file stalking charges against her. I would get the phone number changed.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• ummm can anyone say psycho stalker bitch? Honey I would be on the phone to a lawyer asap
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• good for you for being able to get past the fact your husband had a mistress i couldnt have done that. Now depending on what state you live in you can sue her. Im not sure of the details you sue her for but i know in washington state if my husband cheated i could sue her for ruining my life and our childrens lifes. other wise i suggest changing your number and maybe filling harrassment charges. good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• slap your husband in the face every time she does it its his falt than make him pay to change number I think that he likes her calling or he would of changed number allready
    Anonymous

• I know that this won't help, but couldn't resist...find out where she lives and beat the crap out of her...women like her give other women a bad name!
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 2:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Lol newirishmommy has a point.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 2:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• CHANGE UR PHONE NUMBER AND GET A RESTRAINING ORDER IF U HAVE 2. DAMN HUBBY MUST HAVE PUT IT ON HER!
    Anonymous