Has anyone experienced hot flashes, before their cycle, after having tubal ligation? adult content

I had my birth son, over a year ago now. At the time of the C-section, they did my tubal. But now, I get really bad hot flashes before the onset of my cycle. Has anyone else gone through this and is there a way to alleviate them that does not mean a trip to the doctor's office for me. I really hate feeling like I am in a sauna when my cycle comes. Any tips will be appreciated.

BirthMomof2

Asked by BirthMomof2 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• I've been experiencing that kind of thing every cycle since I started getting my period... It's nothing to worry about it's just hormones. When you have your tubes tied and can and does alter your hormones - as does childbirth... So a change is normal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had the same problems after having my tubal and I so regret it!
    I started acupuncture because of it, I don't know anything else to recommend. I was litterally told by a female western doctor that I was imagining it, that a tubal doesn't do that.
    I think that doctors are bonding together to say that so they won't make themselves look bad.
    I was told my other western doctors that there is a thing called 'tubal ligation syndrome'
    this whole thing makes me think of that old Margarine commercial 'it's not NICE to fool with mother nature!'
    Hate to tell you this, but this is just the beginning most likely if your experience proves to be anything like mine.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Google "PTLS" it is VERY real, and causes many, many, many other problems. Not just hot flashes (but I feel your pain on that one).

If I had know then, what I know now, I never would have had a tubal. NEVER. It isn't just as simple as "it changes your hormones"...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:40 PM on Oct. 18, 2010