WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A CHILD THAT HATES VEGETABLES???

If your child refused to eat vegetable would you force it or just never feed them the vegetables and incorporate other things...?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 5:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• keep offering. I make my children have at least 3 bites before they get down from the dinner table and if they dont then they arent allowed any desert if its offered
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would keep offering vegetables and encourage that they be eaten. I would also find new and creative ways to prepare and present them.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• try them in like tator tot casseroles or you can really hide them in juiced fruits/veggies.. otherwise there are supplements at vitamin stores
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, I always stuff as many veggies as I can into all my recipies, but my dd loves them . I think it would depend on if they hated all veggies or they just didn't like certin ones, if it's just a few that they didn't like I wouldn't use them as much in my cooking and use more of ones they like. If it's all veggies that are hated then I'd just make them eat them anyway
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We always made our kids try everything, so if we had vegetables even if they didn't like them, they had to at least try them. As time went on I have found ones that they like and we try to have those every night. I would not force them to eat vegetables because they will more than likely fight you on it and you have to pick and choose your battles. Also, try to sneak them in, like I put broccoli in my lasagne. The kids love it. I think you have to think out side the box when trying to get the kids to try different things.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Keep offering and hide veggies in other foods. There's a cookbook about how to hide veggies in desserts and smoothies and stuff :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Keep offering but also add pureed veggies into things
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• As long as she's getting the right amount of nutrients and vitimins from other foods she doesn't need veggitables. The nutrients that are in Veggies are in a lot of other foods and it's okay that she doesn't eat them. If you're concerned there are juice products that contain a full serving of veggies. As well you can puree the veggies and add them to a varity of suaces, so that she's still getting the right amount.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I always offer, and there is no snacks or anything after dinner if the veggies are not eaten. That seems to be working w/my daughter, she's 3 and loves yogurt before bed.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My kids eat croutons but I make them eat the salad too. Pour cheese on veggies. Dips are fun. Chopsticks are fun. Veggie pizza. Vitamins.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010