Has any of you teens experienced online bullying?

I have two teens and I have to admit, eventhough I monitor their activities online, I don't seem to be doing good about with it. Social networking sites are so easy to access nowadays and most of them don't store histories of their chats and God knows who they are chatting with. What do you think is the best way to handle this kind of situation?

sarahlink38

Asked by sarahlink38 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Often times your computer will store an internet history that you can check if you want to. I'm not a mom of teens right now, but I can say I think the best thing my mom ever did to help keep me out of trouble is making sure I knew that I could talk to her about anything and making sure I knew what she didn't want me doing. My mom was really good about working stuff into conversations, i.e. talking about a girl at school who got preg. and she would say something like 'well you know I'd rather you not do that kind of stuff but if you decide to please let me know so we can at least make sure you have proper protection and please be careful, there's worse things than getting pregnant.' I hate to point it out but the older they get the less you'll be able to control or protect them, sometimes you may just have to be there to listen/ help pick up the pieces after something goes badly for them.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• What about social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter? Do you think these sites promote more online danger?
    sarahlink38

Comment by sarahlink38 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010