i'm a little concernd

i'll be 18 weeks prego on the 30th and i've lost 3 pounds. is that normal? and i also dont feel like my utarus has grown much i'm scared can anyone give me some good news?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry!
    At 12 weeks I lost 25 lbs.
    Your metabolism is just faster and burning off the calories quicker.
    Just make sure you do not let yourself get hungry. Eat a little snack almost every hour. Something healthful, you enjoy, and the baby can benefit from.
    If you are still experiencing morning sickness that may be the cause.
    Every girl is different. If you are very skinny, up your carb intake. If you are normal, just watch it and make sure you are eating enough. If you are overweight, it can be a blessing.
    Take your vitamins, sleep, if you are in the heat alot or endure physical exercise make sure you eat plenty carbs and protein. Keep hydrated.

Enjoy your pregnancy!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• when you are first pregnant you loose weigh than you will gain it back....... ask your doctor to check and see if your uterus is growing that is the only for sure way to know.... i am just about 20 weeks and i am getting big and i don't even have a belly button... so the best thing to do is talk to your doctor!! if you need anything just message me
    kaitie_bug

Answer by kaitie_bug at 2:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I wouldn't worry. I lost about 8lbs when I was prego with my daughter. I think most people "pop" around 20 weeks, I know I went from looking a little bloated, like I ate to much to having a huge bump in a very short period of time. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• just make sure ur eating healthy. if u put ur fingers jsut above ur pubic bone, does it feel hard? that means ur uterus has grown bigger and its full of fluid so its hard. ur doctor would tell u if it wasnt growing right. once u get in ur 3rd trimester they will start measuring ur belly every time u go to the doc every two weeks, and that tells u how many cms it has grown and reassures u
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2008