pumpkin carving....

Any of you have different ideas on decorating your pumpkins???

*my son he loves his pumpkin SCARY so we melt red crayon on the sides and the top or where he wants to make it look like it is bleeding...or we stab a fake knife on the side and melt the red crayon and it comes out so unique...my daughters they love to spray the glitter all over it once they are carved to make them pretty...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 5:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• man I wish I'd read about the crayon idea before I carved mine!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Well, my husband carves the big pumpkin every year, and we let the kids pick out the pattern they want him to do. Then the kids get to carve or color their own smaller pumpkins. The boys normally choose to carve theirs, and DD, since she is only 6, colors hers most of the time.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Oh and they prefer scary lol
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The older kids, when they pick more complicated designs, draw it on a piece of paper and then tape it to the pumpkin. A push-pin transfers dots onto the pumpkin. Remove the paper, and it's like a dot-to-dot on a pumpkin. The younger kids just tell daddy, "I want it scary! With teeth like this!" or "I want it funny with eyes like this!"
    TameraR

Answer by TameraR at 6:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• ItsMe89 you can still do it mama just melt away...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Im not to much of a carver. But I like to Carve a Scary face , it wouldnt feel like Halloween if it didnt look scary
    judybronxmom68

Answer by judybronxmom68 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Last year I let my daughter who was 4 then draw a face on our pumpkin, then I carved out her drawing. It actually turned out really cute...I had a few people tell me it looked like Jack's face from a Nightmare Before Christmas. I may do the same thing this year.
    MomToLilAngel

Answer by MomToLilAngel at 1:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Those are awesome ideas! We just carve ours, or sometimes we get a white one and decorate it with a black sharpie.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010