anyone else ready to fire facebook?

I never really liked it in the first place, it always seemed like a messy knock off of myspace.
I just joined because it was about the only way to find certain people, or some people only seemed to check their facebook mailboxes, so it was the best way to reach them.
I saw yet another article on how facebook privacy is not all that it claims to be.

anyone else thinking of dumping them?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because I don't put private stuff up there and they use my junk e-mail account, I don't have issues with their privacy. Really, I only use Facebook for those 'friends' that I never see and rarely talk to.
    for close friends, I see and chat on the phone, not online.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There is NO place on the internet that is privacy proof... the only way to keep your privacy is to turn of the computer :-)
    I have no problems with facebook. I do my part and they do what they can on theirs.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Personally, I enjoy checking in with friends and family on Facebook and I really hate Myspace, don't allow my children to be on that at all.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I really like facebook, cant stand myspace, so I guess im just the opposite
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 6:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I can't stand myspace... I use FB on a daily basis to stay in touch with friends and fam that are scattered all over the globe. As far as privacy on the internet goes, you're kidding yourself.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I disagree. I believe myspace is a messy knockoff of facebook. Seems like they're always copycatting facebook's features, just a step behind. Facebook is so much more user friendly, and it doesn't take an hour to load someone's page, because they put some crazy background with a hundred pictures on their profile like myspace allows you to do.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 6:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was never expecting privacy so much, it's just that so many things go wrong with it I get irritated.
    Things like getting added to groups that I never oked is one of them,
    I've had so many technical issues that I'm about ready to hang it up.
    just sick of it over all
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• so why is myspace worse than facebook?
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I just deactivated my account today. FB doesn't give a crap about my privacy, so I am done.

Myspace is worse because 1. It's dead and 2. A lot of spammers harbor there. Facebook has made it a little more difficult, when looking straight at it. But really their privacy concerns are much worse.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I like Facebook. I keep my page really private...people can't even find me in search results. On the other hand, I don't like Myspace.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010